On Wednesday, all hell will break loose in the NFL, as reports will come flying in of where stars young and old will sign for the season. Especially young studs this year. Here are my rankings of the free agents of this class and where I see them fitting.
- Le’Veon Bell, RB – Houston Texans – The Texans need weapons for Deshaun Watson, and with a lot of cap space, they can afford Bell.
- Earl Thomas, S – Dallas Cowboys – Thomas to the Cowboys rumors have been around for a while now, but that could actually happen this offseason.
- Landon Collins, S – San Francisco 49ers – The addition of Collins is exactly what the Niners need to take their defense to the next level.
- Trey Flowers, Edge – Indianapolis Colts – The Colts don’t usually spend big, but Flowers is young and talented and Indy needs help on the edge.
- CJ Mosley, ILBy – Baltimore Ravens – Mosley will stay put, especially if Jimmy Smith is released, creating more space for CJ.
- Nick Foles, QB – Jacksonville Jaguars – The Jags seem to be the only serious competitors in the Foles sweepstakes, so this is an easy one.
- Ndamukong Suh, DT – Cleveland Browns – GM John Dorsey likes to be aggressive, so signing Suh to a short-term deal here could easily happen.
- Trent Brown, OT – Buffalo Bills – The Bills need blocking for Josh Allen, and Brown, coming off a breakout season, would bolster a weak line.
- Tyrann Mathieu, S – Houston Texans – Tyrann did very well last year, so parting ways doesn’t make sense for either side, especially with Houston’s $65 million in cap space.
- Matt Paradis, C – New York Jets – Like Josh Allen, Sam Darnold needs blockers badly, and the Jets could get a bargain for Paradis.
- Lamarcus Joyner, S – Indianapolis Colts – The Colts have so much cap space that they can make any defensive additions they want, and they should want Joyner.
- Anthony Barr, ILB – Cleveland Browns – Barr had a down season last year, but that won’t stop John Dorsey from making another splash and upgrading his linebacking core.
- Ja’Wuan James, OT – Arizona Cardinals – Whatever young QB the Cards will be rolling with next season, he’ll need a better O-Line than what the Cards have now.
- Dante Fowler, Edge – Tennessee Titans – The Titans can’t feature just Harold Landry on the edge, so the young Fowler would definitely help Tennessee.
- Tevin Coleman, RB – New York Jets – Instead of signing Le’Veon Bell, the Jets should invest in a cheaper, more consistent player (insert Coleman).
As you can see, it’s a pretty exciting class. This is just a small sampling of the players that will find new homes this week. Others include Teddy Bridgewater, Mark Ingram, Tyrell Williams, Sheldon Richardson, K.J. Wright, and more. So, keep your eyes on NFL news on March 13th because that day will have a massive impact on the season ahead.